Ever wondered how to process multiple price adjustments in Dolphin? Keep reading and you will find out how!
If you are familiar with the below scenario, this article will help you simplify the supplier reconciliation process.
- You booked a coach with the supplier Coaches & Co.
- The total coach cost is 2000 GBP and it takes up to 18 people.
- For the trip to take place you estimated to sell at least 10 seats and you decided to charge 200 GBP per person and add a 10% mark up.
- You sold more than 10 seats, which means that you need to adjust the cost and equally spread the additional profit across all the seats you sold.
Go to Options > System Settings > in the Edit System Settings dialog configure the pricing description in the Vendor Buy Adjustment Pricing Description field.
When you adjust the cost across multiple pricing lines, Dolphin automatically adds a pricing line to record such adjustment in the buy and commission values. This field allows you to choose the pricing description you want the system to use when an item is adjusted.
We suggest that you use a meaningful and unique pricing description used only for this particular process. You can then run reports to extract a list of these adjustment lines.
In the Results tab of the vendor Reconciliation dialog, there are two actions related to this feature in the Action dropdown: Adjust & Reconcile and Adjust Buy Only.
Adjust & Reconcile
This type of action allows you to adjust and reconcile pricing lines at the same time in a two-step process.
- Go to Bulk Operations > Vendor Operations > Vendor Payment Reconciliation
- In the Search Parameters tab enter the required search criteria to display only those bookings where buy needs to be adjusted and profit/loss needs to be distributed.
- In the Results tab, in the Action dropdown, select the Adjust & Reconcile option:
- Click the Select All button.
- The Current Tot (B) field displays the total buy of all the selected products: this is the sum of the cost of all the seats you sold.
- In the Adjusted Tot (B) field enter the actual cost of the coach:
- Click the Adjust + Reconcile button at the bottom of the Reconciliation dialog.
- Click Yes to the below question to proceed to adjusting the selected items:
Please note that at this stage Dolphin will add the adjustment pricing line using the pricing description entered in the system settings:
- Click Yes to the below message:
- Click Yes to the below question to proceed to reconciling the selected items:
- The below message displays indicating the number of pricing lines that the system reconciled:
Please note that the number of actioned items doubled up as at this stage the system is also reconciling the adjustment pricing lines.
Adjust Buy Only
This type of action allows you to adjust pricing lines without reconciling them yet. The pricing lines can be reconciled at a later stage. This process is particularly useful if two people are in charge of the reconciliation process: one person has the responsibility to go through the supplier statement and enter the actual buy and the other person will reconcile the figures at a later date.
The reconciliation process is very similar to the one described for the Adjust & Reconcile action.
The difference is that in the Action dropdown, you will need to select the Adjust Buy Only option. In this case, Dolphin will only add the adjustment pricing line using the pricing description entered in the system settings, but no reconciliation will take place.
Article is closed for comments.