This article will provide instructions for logging into Dolphin after your system is moved on to our new, state-of-the-art infrastructure.
If you require assistance at any point, please contact our support team on 0208 394 6002.
Important Info: User Logins & Passwords
Dolphin has moved to a new login experience to offer customers enhanced security features among other improvements.
More complex passwords (minimum 8 characters, including 3 of Upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters)
Password expiration every 42 days
Removes the need to log in to the web page and application. Users will automatically log in to Dolphin on launching the application
NOTE: If you have already upgraded to a version of R17.6 then you may already have the updated login process and can use your current password as normal to login.
If you are on an older version, new passwords will be given to your Dolphin administrator and should be communicated to staff immediately.
How To Login
Launch Dolphin Via a Web Browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.)
- Browse to https://hosted.dolphinanywhere.com
- Enter your username in the format COMPANY_3LetterCode@dc.com e.g. Dolphin_SYS@dc.com
- Enter your password
- Click ‘Sign In’
- You can also reset your password on this page or seek assistance via the Help link in the top right.
Figure 1 - Login page for steps 1 - 4
The First Time You Log In – One Time Actions
The first time you log in to the new infrastructure, you will have to a complete a few extra clicks which are described below – don’t worry, this only needs to be done once and your PC will remember your settings for future logins!
- Click on the Dolphin icon – this will start an automatic download of a file called “RDP”
- Double-click the RDP file and click Save when prompted
Figure 2 - Save RDP file for step 2
- Once RDP file is saved, double-click on the Dolphin app icon again
- If asked what application to use, select ‘Remote Desktop Connection’ and tick ‘Always use this app…’. and click OK
Figure 3 - How do you want to open this file?
- A window will appear asking “Do you trust the publisher of this RemoteApp Program?” Check ‘Don’t ask me again’ and click ‘Connect’ or 'Allow'
Figure 4 - Remote app window for step 4
- On launching the app, you will be asked to enter your credentials once more to allow connection to the application server. The format for your credentials should be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Example: email@example.com
Figure 5 - RDP login window from step 5
- You will then be logged on and Dolphin will launch
Figure 5 - Dolphin session launch window from step 6
All users already have access to the new environment in a limited capacity.
If you wish to test connectivity ahead of time, you can follow the instructions above to log in to https://hosted.dolphinanywhere.com
You will see an application called ‘Connectivity Test’ that can be launched
Launching ‘Connectivity Test’ will open up a notepad stating with a success message and you can then follow the instructions on the notepad to test printing.
Launch Dolphin Via the Remote Desktop App
If you are running Windows 10 and your company security policy allows, you can install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the Microsoft Store which will allow you to pin a Dolphin app launcher to your Start menu.
Please follow the instructions in this article in our help centre:
Launch Dolphin Via Android, iOS and MacOS Devices
Please follow this link for further information about the Remote Desktop Client as well as details on how to use the Android, iOS and MacOS clients.